ABOUT MODERN BUILDERS SUPPLY, INC.
MBS Interiors was born from a need to provide interior design solutions for homeowners, contractors and remodeling customers of Modern Builders Supply nearly twenty five years ago. Our parent company, Modern Builders Supply Inc., was founded in 1944 as a distributor of building materials to remodelers and builders. While our focus was, in the beginning, primarily on exterior building products, it became clear there was a need for MBS to expand into INTERIOR products.
Now MBS Interiors is one of the strongest kitchen distributors in the Midwest, but we do more than just kitchens. We provide our customers with a complete design solution from space planning, cabinetry design and appliance selection to flooring options and plumbing collections.
Today, MBS has branches in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. In all, there are 26 distribution centers across 5 states making MBS the premier distributor in the Midwest.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Position: Kitchen and Bath Designer Reports to: Vice President of Interiors
Deliver unique design solutions, owning each project from concept to completion.
Essential Functions of Position
- Qualify client based on client’s wants, needs, desires and investment dollars available
- Discuss and identify clients design style
- Create design solutions, plans, quotes and purchase orders
- Accurately check designs and orders
- Discuss product details and expectations
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Supply management with written and/or oral report on customer needs, problems, interest, competitive activities and potential new products and services
- Keep abreast of product knowledge, market conditions, and competitive activities through research and consulting with market individuals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Company policies, procedures, and overall mission and vision
- Sales, construction and design
- Interior products and cabinetry construction
- Computer programs – 20/20 Design, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communications that allow for effective qualification of prospective clients
- Active listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, asking appropriate questions and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Efficient problem-solving
- Time management, organization and written communication
- Customer service – manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Analyzing data and situations accurately with a strong attention to detail in order to develop the proper course of action needed to be taken
- Build trusting clients relationships and effectively communicate throughout the design/sales process
- Read blue prints and field measure
- Handle client product questions and walk them through the remodel and new construction process
- Prospect new clients with telephone calls and appointments
- Prioritize, accurately multi-task and adhere to any deadlines set
- Drive and close sales
- Keep up with design trends and product updates
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Analyze the market potential and determine value of existing and prospective customers’ value to organization
- Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory
- Learn in a fast paced and friendly environment
- 3+ years of experience in kitchen/bath design
- 5+ years of customer service and sales experience
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Opportunities
- Hours per Week – 40+
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Plus more!
Send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org